Injuries that occur while at work or while on a work-related trip fall under the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act for claims against the employer, but the injured person may also have a personal injury tort claim from the same event. Concerning the workers’ compensation (formerly known as “workmen’s compensation”) claims, these injuries are handled very differently.
Workers’ compensation claims are highly technical and procedure driven processes that are full of deadlines and rules. If the injury clearly occurred on the job, the issue of liability of the employer is generally not contested; however, the types of compensation and the severity of the injury are likely to be challenged. If you are dealing with any of the following issues, call Battleson Law:
- Denial of your whole claim
- Denial of medical care or the doctor of your choice
- Denial of lost compensation benefits
- Being forced back to light duty work before you are ready
- Partial disability benefits when you have returned to light duty
- Re-injury or aggravation of a pre-existing condition
- Permanent disability or catastrophic claims
- Death claims
Battleson Law understands workers’ compensation claims and will fight to protect the injured person’s rights. Reach out to Battleson Law, for your complimentary consultation to get started. Injury cases are generally handled on a contingency basis, and we don’t get our fee until you settle or win. We serve Metro Atlanta and all of Georgia.